Ultimate Stuffed Pepper
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
August 28th, 2019
This recipe combines many immune systems boosting foods like onions, garlic, and Herbes De Provence.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yields: 4 Servings Cook Time: 40 Mins Total Time: 45 Mins
- 4 local red, yellow or green peppers tops removed and seeded
- 3 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup bulgur cooked
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 TBS Herbes de Provence
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 16oz diced can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped Italian basil to top
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Slice off small amounts off the bumps (bottom) of the peppers in order to flatten them. Brush the outside of the peppers with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then place peppers on a baking dish.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat and add a TBS of olive oil.
- Once the olive oil crackles add the garlic, onions, Herbes de Provence salt, and pepper. Stir until everything is mixed well. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions have softened.
- Raise the heat to medium-high and add the ground beef – break it up as much as possible with a spatula. Make sure it’s mixed in nicely with herbs. Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Once meat is cooked – add the tomato sauce and stir again to combine.
- And finally, add the cooked Bulgar wheat and stir again.
- Scoop mixture evenly into the 4 peppers, place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately grate some pecorino romano on the top of each pepper and then follow up with equal amounts basil on each pepper.