The Ultimate Roasted Chickpeas
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
September 11th, 2019
Chickpeas are both nutritious and filling! In only a 1/2 cup, they contain 5 grams of fiber and 10 grams of protein.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 40 Mins Total Time: 45 Mins
Chickpeas are a powerful legume! Did you know in only a 1/2 cup they contain 5 grams of fiber and 10 grams of protein?! Not to mention they’re a high source of folate, a mineral that helps increase red blood cells. These are the cells that carry oxygen to and from your muscles, especially when you’re having a great workout at the OAC!
- 1 can of BPA chickpeas cup
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Paprika (optional)
- Cumin (optional)
- Turn your oven on to 350
- Drain a can of BPA chickpeas and pat dry.
- Toss them in a few TBS of olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper. You can add a little paprika or cumin as well.
- Bake in the oven on a lined baking sheet for 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and then squeeze some lime over them.
- Pack them in a Tupperware or 1/2 cup mason jar and take them to work!