Sweet Potato Porridge
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
January 8th, 2020
On top of being a nutritional powerhouse containing Vitamin A, ﬁbre, and Vitamin C, eating sweet potatoes makes you feel fuller faster which is great if you’re trying to lose weight.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 10 – 20 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed (leave the skin on if organic)
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- A pinch of clove powder 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp mineral salt
- 1 tsp of maple syrup
- Heat the ghee or coconut oil and add the spices, cooking until the aroma comes up.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the ghee and spice mixture and stir. Fill the pot with water to half the height of the potatoes. Cover and simmer for 7-15 minutes until soft.
- Let cool a few minutes (just enough to be able to add it to a blender). Blend until smooth, adding warm water to reach your desired consistency.