Sugar-Free Spelt Flour Muffins
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
February 5th, 2020
Moist, Healthy and Yummy.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 20 – 25 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
- 5 ripe bananas
- 1 organic egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cups organic spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup 70% cacao dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut oil, for greasing muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease muffin tin with coconut oil.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the bananas using a fork or potato masher. Add the egg and vanilla and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the spelt flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and sea salt. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the mix into the prepared muffin pan, approximately 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and tops are golden brown.
- Remove and let cool on a cooling rack.