Scandinavian Eggs with Smoked Salmon
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
January 16th, 2019
This elegant yet simple Scandinavian Eggs with Smoked Salmon recipe is the perfect weekender breakfast.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: 1 Serving Prep Time: 5 Mins Total Time: 20 Mins
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vinegar
- Enough water to submerge your eggs
- 2 slices of wild salmon
- Grass-fed butter
- Fresh sprigs of dill
- Salt and pepper
- 1 slice organic whole wheat sourdough bread or half of an Ezekiel english muffin
- Crack the eggs in two separate bowls. Bring a small sauce pan with water to a gentle boil then add vinegar and salt. Slide one egg in followed by the other. Cover the pot, turn off the heat and let cook for 3 minutes.
- While your eggs are cooking, toast your sourdough or ezekial bread (or corn tortilla or paleo bread). After toasting, spread a little bit of grass fed butter on top.
- With a slotted spoon remove your poached eggs from the pot and place on top of the bread flowed by your slice of wild smoked salmon. Sprinkle salt pepper and dill on top and enjoy.