Scandinavian Breakfast – with Smoked Salmon and Dill
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
November 13th, 2019
In addition to providing a great source of protein, both the eggs and salmon provide a healthy dose of mood boosting omega 3’s.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 5 Mins Total Time: 15 Mins
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vinegar
- Enough water to submerge your eggs
- 2 slices of wild salmon
- Grass fed butter
- Fresh sprigs of dill
- Salt and pepper
- 1 slice organic whole wheat sourdough bread or half of an Ezekiel english muffin (if you’re not eating bread, try a corn tortilla)
- Crack the eggs in two separate bowls. Bring a small sauce pan with water to a gentle boil then add vinegar and salt. Slide one egg in followed by the other. Cover the pot, turn off the heat and let cook for 3 minutes.
- While your eggs are cooking, toast your sourdough bread. After toasting, spread a little bit of grass fed butter on top.
- With a slotted spoon remove your poached eggs from the pot and place on top of the bread flowed by your slice of wild smoked salmon. Sprinkle salt pepper and dill on top and enjoy.