Sautéed Leeks with Mustard and Cumin
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
January 29th, 2020
A delicious recipe rich in antioxidants
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 15-20 Mins Total Time: 25 Mins
- 2 organic, medium-size leeks
- ¼ cup organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp organic cumin seeds
- 2 tbs prepared mustard
- 1 tsp organic, raw honey
- Trim the bulb ends of the leeks to remove their stringy tiny rootlets.
- Trim the tops of the leaves, leaving three inches of dark green above the white.
- Cut the leeks into quarters lengthwise, then rinse well to remove any dirt. Then, beginning at the root end, slice the white part of the leeks crosswise into 1/4-inch slices, lastly slice the green portion into narrower, 1/8-inch slices.
- Combine the oil, cumin seeds, and green portions of the leeks in a medium frying pan andsauté over medium-low heat for two minutes, then add the white portions of the leeks and cook for another eight minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add the mustard and honey and sauté over low heat for another two minutes. Serve hot, cold, or at room temperature.