Sausage and Grape Bruschetta
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
September 4th, 2019
This recipe is absolutely delicious and despite including sausages, it’s surprisingly refreshing.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 40 Mins Total Time: 35 – 55 Mins
- 2 organic or pasture-raised sausages of any kind from the butcher
- 2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 of a yellow or red onion chopped
- 1 cup of organic grapes
- A few slices of sourdough bread
- Heat a sautée pan or skillet to medium-high heat, add olive oil and chopped red onion. Cook for a minute or so.
- Then, squeeze two sausages from their casings and break the meat into the pan/skillet with the onions and olive oil. Stir occasionally until browned all over.
- Meanwhile, cut several thick slices of your sourdough bread, brush with olive oil, and toast or broil for a couple of minutes to get the bread a bit crispy.
- When the sausage is pretty much cooked, stir in about a pound of grapes, mashing a bit to break some of them up. Cook until just warmed through about 1 minute. Top the bread with the sausage mixture and pan juices and savor!