Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
November 20th, 2019
Rutabagas are high in fiber, brain-boosting B vitamins, immune system boosting Vitamin C, blood pressure-lowering potassium, and stress-busting magnesium!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins
- 1 large peeled rutabaga
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Cube up the Rutabagas into 1-inch squares.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt some grass-fed butter and mix in 1tsp cardamom, 1tsp cinnamon, and 1/2tsp nutmeg. Add some salt and black pepper to the butter as well.
- After a 1 minute, toss in the rutabagas with the spices and sauté 4-6 minutes to soften them up a bit.
- Place the rutabagas onto a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, until they just begin to brown.
- Take them out and serve them as a healthy and delicious side dish.