Rutabaga And Potato Mash
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
January 15th, 2020
Rutabagas and potatoes together make for a delicious double whammy of nutrients.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 20 – 30 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium or one large rutabaga, peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable or bone broth
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbs grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup organic cream
- In a medium-sized pot, warm 1 tablespoon Olive Oil over medium heat. Add garlic, sea salt and black pepper. Mix around with a spatula for a minute or so.
- Add the rutabagas, potatoes and broth. The broth should just cover the rutabagas. Set heat to high and get them boiling for 30 seconds. Then reduce heat back to medium heat and cook 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally or until potatoes and rutabagas are softened.
- Remove from heat and begin to mash potatoes with a masher. Gradually add butter and cream to reach desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste.