Roasted Red Pepper & Pear Soup
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
October 9th, 2019
Warm-up this fall with this spicy soup!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 60 Mins Total Time: 1 hr 10 Mins
This soup is chock full of nutrients! Red peppers contain more than 200 percent of your daily vitamin C intake, they’re also a great source of vitamin B6 and folate! Not to mention, Pears are naturally high in vitamins C and K, as well as nutrients such as copper.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 large red bell peppers, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 2 Anjou pears, peeled and sliced
- 1 (32-oz.) container fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Dash of ground red pepper
- Melt butter with oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add bell pepper and next 3 ingredients, and sauté 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in chicken broth and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool 20 minutes.
- Process soup, in batches, in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape downsides. Return to Dutch oven, and keep warm until ready to serve. Garnish, if desired.