Oven Baked Paprika and Thyme Salmon
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
February 13th, 2019
These flaky and moist seasoned salmon fillets are perfect for a simple weeknight dinner for those who are busy. The Omega-3s and low-carb benefits also make this healthy, as well as delicious.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 10 – 12 Mins Total Time: 20 – 22 Mins
- 4 wild and sustainable salmon steaks room temperature (4-6 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp powdered garlic or freshly minced
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 3 tbsp dried thyme
- Generous amount of cracked black pepper
- 1/2- tsp sea salt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- In a small bowl or ramekin combine extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, smoked paprika and black pepper and mix together.
- With a brush or your hands lather the fish with mixture.
- Grease a baking dish with a little bit extra olive oil and then place the salmon on a flat baking dish. If you want to avoid having the fish stick to the bottom I’d suggest laying down some aluminum foil and greasing that. For a more environmental approach I’d suggest you invest in a silicon baking mat and greasing that too!
- Allow the salmon to bake for 10 -12 minutes or until cooked through. Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of your salmon and preference.
- Serve with a side of side of your favourite sautéed vegetables and rice.