OAC Open for Tennis!
The OAC is very excited with the successful reopening for tennis! We are open for indoor and outdoor tennis only, subject to the guidelines listed below.
We look forward to seeing you at the club!
Effective Date: Friday, June 19th
Initial Operating Hours:
Monday – Thursday 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
Friday – Sunday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
PREPARING FOR YOUR VISIT
With everyone’s health and safety in mind, please STAY HOME and delay your visits if you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms.
Please uphold the following:
- Contact George at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-523-4024 ext. 255 to reactivate your membership. Walk-in visits are not permitted at this time.
- Court Booking: Every tennis player playing at the OAC must be a registered member in Mindbody and book through our Members Only portal. Reserve your court (indoor and outdoor) online or by calling the Welcome Desk so we can ensure ample space. You can reserve up to 72 hours in advance. Drop-ins and walk-ons will not be permitted at this time.
- Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your scheduled court time. If you arrive earlier, please wait in your vehicle.
- You must check-in at the Welcome Desk before going on to the courts.
- Only Visa, Mastercard, and Debit cards will be accepted; Cash will not be accepted.
- The OAC is only open with access to the Welcome Desk, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, and men’s and women’s main floor washrooms.
- Please come dressed to play as there will be no access allowed in the locker rooms and shower facilities. Towel service will not be available at this time.
- Bring your own water as refillable stations will be unavailable at this time for safety.
- Bring and wear a mask until you begin play on court.
- Guests will only be permitted access when accompanied by a member.
- Social gatherings, or watching play/lessons, will not be permitted at this time.
- Follow all signage for physical distancing and flow of movement.
TENNIS RETURN TO PLAY PROTOCOL
Ottawa Athletic Club-Noble Tennis School COVID-19 Tennis Safety Guidelines & Protection Protocol: Our priority is keeping staff and clients safe. We have taken advice from Tennis Canada’s recommendations, which you can find by clicking here (mandatory reading before playing).
In addition to Tennis Canada’s Recommendations, the OAC has also implemented the following for maximum COVID-19 safety:
- ALL courts, indoor and outdoor, must be pre-booked through GameTime or by contacting the Welcome Desk – NO walk-ons will be permitted.
- All players must check in at the Welcome Desk prior to going on court.
- Singles and Doubles Tennis is permitted, along with participating in an organized program/lesson group supervised by NTS professionals.
- Keep 2 meters away from other tennis players and staff.
- Stay on your side of the court, no switching sides between games. No shaking hands.
- Each player should only handle their own Tennis balls. As much as possible, use your racquet and your foot to send a ball to another player.
- We suggest using a marker to put your initials or a symbol on your own tennis balls.
Flow of Entry & Exit to Tennis Courts: In order to adhere to “physical distancing”…
- Outdoor courts # 1, 3, 5, and 6 will be available for booking court time.
- Access to the outdoor courts will be through designated entry/exit points, including separate doors for Courts 1 and 3. Please allow players to leave the court before entering.
- All indoor courts will be open and available for booking.
- Access to the Indoor courts will be guided by Staff.
- The scheduling of court bookings will be done in a manner that allows for cleaning and physical distancing protocol.
TENNIS LESSONS & PROGRAMMING STAGES
BEGINNING JUNE 19
- Member bookings permitted (must reactivate membership), 4 players per court maximum
- Outdoor courts 1-3-5-6 opened with hourly bookings
- Private Lessons (solo, duo, trio, ensembles)
- Resumption of junior Annual NTS Programs/Group Lessons
- Weekend junior Introductory Programs: 5 Week Session to commence Friday, June 26 for Mites (Ages 7-9), Futures (Ages 9-12, 12-16); maximum 3 players per court. There will not be a session for Mites (Ages 5-7).
Members, Teachers, Parents, Students must STRICTLY implement all safety protocols.
ENHANCED HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
To help give you confidence and peace of mind should you decide to reactivate your membership at this time, please be ensured that we have taken extensive safety measures to allow for the reopening of tennis, including:
- ENHANCED CLEANING
- Team members equipped with disinfectant spray bottles and towels for regular cleaning of all high-touch surfaces with hospital grade disinfectant.
- Comprehensive deep cleaning and disinfecting processes in the club each day, including use of electrostatic sprayers.
- Hand sanitizing and cleaning stations throughout the club that provide disinfecting products for members to apply before and after using equipment.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING PRACTICES:
- Signage facilitating increased physical distancing throughout various areas of the club.
- Requiring reservations for all court bookings and lessons, with schedules adjusted to allow for cleaning (ball pick-up, etc) and safe, uncongested flow of movement.
- Temporary removal of seating in social gathering areas.
- ADDITIONAL MEASURES:
- Masks and temperature checks for all staff and members
- Sneeze guards at the Welcome Desk
- Guidance for members to adhere to health and social distancing requirements.
- Initially limiting to on-site essential staff only to promote safety.