Mexican Style Eggs with Bean Salsa
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
January 30th, 2019
Spice up your mornings with this Mexican Style Egg recipe, that takes the delicious and nutritious egg and kicks it up a notch with a blend of salsa, beans and spices, all wrapped in a delicious corn tortilla.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Cook Time: 15 Mins Prep Time: 5 Mins Total Time: 20 Mins
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Corn Tortilla
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/4 can black beans
- 1 tsp of chili powder or paprika
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro to top
- Cheese (optional)
- To make the salsa, begin by roughly chopping tomatoes, onions and bell pepper.
- Heat a medium sized saucepan and add extra virgin olive oil, followed by the chopped veggies.
- While cooking, add the canned beans, sea salt, black pepper, chili powder and coriander to the pan and mix ingredients together with spatula. Sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- While the bean salsa is finishing up, heat another frying pan for the eggs. Cook until egg white is done, but make sure the yolks are a little runny. Top the eggs with your salsa while in the pan, and cover to keep warm.
- In the same frying pan that the eggs were cooked in, place a frozen non-GMO corn tortilla from either this brand or this one. Heat each side for about minute. Place on a plate then slide the bean salsa and eggs onto the tortilla. Top with a few sprigs of fresh cilantro and enjoy!