Lemon and Herb Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Shrimp
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
August 15th, 2018
This Lemon and Herb Spaghetti Squash with Roasted Shrimp is a lighter take on shrimp scampi that is quick, easy, healthy, and full of flavor!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 small to medium spaghetti squash
- 12 oz. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed butter
- Salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- To make the spaghetti squash, preheat oven to 350°F and cut squash right down the middle. Scoop out all the seeds and place cut side down on a baking sheet lightly sprayed with oil so they don’t stick. Bake the squash in the oven for 45 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt oil and butter over medium-high heat, add shrimp and season with salt and pepper, sauteing for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and saute an additional 2 minutes until shrimp is cooked through; remove from heat and set aside. (you don’t want to overcook the shrimp)
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, white wine, dijon mustard and red pepper flakes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow sauce to simmer until the spaghetti squash has finished baking.
- Remove the skillet from heat and take squash out of the oven. Scrape out all the strands of spaghetti using a fork, throw spaghetti squash into a colander and place in the sink, pressing gently with a paper towel to allow any excess water to drain out.
- Whisk yogurt in with the sauce until creamy and smooth then stir in chopped parsley. Toss with spaghetti squash and shrimp, serve and enjoy!