Homemade Bone Broth
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
January 1st, 2020
Bone broths and stocks make your soups, stews, and sauces delicious and nutritious. They’re made from the bones, cartilages, and marrow of beef, pork, bison, lamb, poultry, or ﬁsh.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 12 Hours Total Time: 12 Hours, 10 Mins
- 4 litres of water
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar(30 ml)
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 large carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 leek chopped
- Sprig of rosemary or savoury
- 1 bay leaf
- 2–4 pounds leftover bones or from the butcher
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients in a large pot and add the water
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 12 hours. The longer it cooks, the tastier it’ll be and the more nutrients will be drawn from the bones
- Once its cooked, leave it on the stove to cool. Then strain out the carrots, onion, and celery.
- You can store the broth in your fridge and drink a little bit of it daily or you can use whatever cups are needed for your sauces, stews, and soups.