Healthy Gingerbread Cookies
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
December 19th, 2018
Lightly sweet, rich, and robust cookies full of molasses, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Unlike typical Gingerbread Cookie recipes, this version is refined sugar free, gluten free, dairy free and vegan!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 45 Mins Cook Time: 12 Mins Total Time: 60 Mins
- 1¼ cups Almond Meal
- 1 cup oat Flour
- ½ cup granulated erythritol
- 1 tbs ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp Double-Acting baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup molasses
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp stevia extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, oat flour, erythritol, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder and salt.
- In a stand mixer bowl with beater attachment, add the molasses, coconut oil, vanilla and stevia. Mix on low speed until completely mixed.
- Dump the dry ingredients in the stand mixer and mix until completely mixed. Dough should be dark, sticky, and sweet.
- Roll ⅓ of the dough in between two silicone baking sheets until roughly ⅛” thick.
- Sprinkle some extra oat flour on a small plate or shallow dish and dip your gingerbread man cookie cutter instead. Dust off the excess flour and punch cookie shapes into the dough. Peel away the dough surrounding the gingerbread man cookies and transfer the silicone sheet onto a cookie tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then carefully transfer the silicone sheet onto your counter or a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Keep re-rolling the dough and baking until all the dough is used up. These cookies are best served the day they are made, but will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for ~3 days.