COVID-19 Precautions and Measures
As always, the health and wellness of our members, staff, and community are our top priorities. In light of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, we’re committed to closely following updates and keeping everyone’s health top of mind.
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been declared a global pandemic by the World Health Organization (WHO). At this time, Ottawa is considered as relatively low risk but this is a fluid and developing situation. The OAC has been monitoring our government’s response and health directives and we are continuing to take the necessary preventative measures in regards to the operations of the club. I know all members will agree that we must do our part to help contain the spread of COVID-19, to protect those vulnerable in our community, and so I kindly ask for your cooperation and patience as we implement the following temporary changes to our daily operations, effective Monday March 16.
Access to the Club and Social Distancing:
- All classes will be limited to 15 participants. You can reserve 48 hours in advance for any of our group fitness classes (all classes on the schedule including Greco, Aqua, Yoga, Spin, and all Fitness Studio classes) through our website sign-in (https://ottawaathleticclub.com/group-fitness-classes/sign-up-for-classes/). You can also call the Welcome Desk to reserve your place should you not have access to a computer. Please be at the club 10 minutes before the class start or your place will be given to someone else; we will not be issuing class passes;
- In situations of back to back classes, class duration will be slightly shortened to provide time to clean the room;
- The Golf School will be limited to 24 participants at one time;
- Playcare will take a maximum of 10 children at a time, closing daily at 2:00 pm;
- Men’s and Women’s steam rooms will be closed;
- March Break Sports Camp has been cancelled.
If you need to cancel any reservation, please call the Welcome Desk at 613-523-1540.
We continue with our high-standard cleaning practices and escalated measures of:
- Disinfecting our space and equipment with medical-grade, non-toxic cleaning solutions every day and in-between each class.
- Increased sanitation and hygiene procedures for our Instructors and Studio Team members.
- Additional sanitizing materials in high-traffic areas of the studio for your use.
Health Canada stresses that regular individual hygiene practices are the best defense against the spread of contagious illnesses. And so, we remind everyone to partner with us to:
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds upon arriving at the club, before and after class.
- Wipe down any equipment that you use, including cardio machines, free weights, bars, mats, rollers, bands, etc.
- Listen to your body, and do not come to the OAC if you are not feeling well.
- We are asking you to follow the public health directives if you have been travelling.
Our priority is the health and safety of the entire OAC family and the community at large. We are working diligently to ensure the good health of everyone who comes through our doors, and we will continue to monitor guidelines set forth by health and government officials. We have received very positive feedback with respect to the steps we have taken, and we would like to thank all of you for your support and cooperation.