Coconut Flour Pumpkin Muffins
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
February 20th, 2019
These coconut flour muffins are deliciously moist, low-carb and easy to make. Perfect for storing later, and using them as a ready-to-go breakfast.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 5 Mins Yield: 12 Muffins
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- Handful crumbled pecans or walnuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or a few drops of stevia extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease muffin tins or 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil. A regular loaf pan doesn’t work well.
- Put all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix with an immersion blender or strong whisk until smooth and well incorporated. If batter is too thick, add a little coconut milk or water to thin, but don’t let it get runny at all.
- Scoop into greased muffin tins with a measuring cup or pour into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake for 13-18 minutes for muffins or 20-25 minutes for bread until lightly browned and set in middle.