Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
April 10th, 2019
These chocolate muffins are truly healthy and delicious. They can be enjoyed as a filling snack or even for breakfast. This recipe is loaded with good fats from the almond flour, the coconut flour, the cacao powder, the eggs and finally the coconut oil! They’re also high in fibre and a whole host of vitamins and minerals. They get two thumbs up from us!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: 10 Muffins Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 30-40 Mins Total Time: 40-50 Mins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cups coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbs 100% fair trade cacao powder
- 2 Pasture Raised Eggs room temperature
- 1 cup organic apple sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbs coconut milk optional but adds those good fat
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit
- In a bowl, sieve together almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and cacao powder
- In a different bowl, whisk the eggs then mix the apple sauce, maple syrup, coconut oil and milk and vanilla
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until well combine and smooth
- Add the batter to each muffin cup – about 3/4 full
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (all ovens vary)