Carrot and Ginger Side Dish
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
January 22nd, 2019
This fast, simple and healthy mixture of carrots and ginger is the perfect side dish to serve warm to help you get through these chilly winter months.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
- 4 – 6 Carrots
- Thumb of ginger minced
- 2 tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Butter or Ghee
- Set oven to 375 F
- Heat an oven safe skillet over medium/high heat, and then melt 2 tbs of butter or Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Add minced ginger and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add whole carrots and toss to coat with butter and ginger to infuse the flavours.
- Place skillet or oven-safe pan in the oven at and roast carrots for 30 minutes.
- Halfway through (15 minutes in), take the skillet out of the oven to flip the carrots and then cook for the remaining time.