Braised Winter Squash with Shallots
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
March 11th, 2020
High Quantities of Vitamin A
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 25 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
- 2 lbs winter squash, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 2 shallots halved
- 2 TBS grass-fed butter
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- Rosemary and black pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a skillet with rosemary over medium heat
- After the aroma of the rosemary and butter have filled the room (a couple of minutes) add squash, shallots, salt and cider
- The cider should cover the squash. Add more if necessary
- Turn heat to high and get it boiling then lower the heat and braise for 20 or until squash and shallots are tender and the liquid has been reduced to a glaze.
- Add a few turns of cracked black pepper and serve as a side dish to any main.