Braised red skinned potatoes curried In Coconut Milk
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
December 23rd, 2019
Potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, potassium, resistant starch, vitamin B, copper, tryptophan, manganese and lutein – a powerful antioxidant known to enhance eye health.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 25 Mins Total Time: 35 Mins
- 2 lbs potatoes cut roughly into 2-inch chunks
- 1 onion – roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbs spoon ginger
- 1 tbs curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups canned BPA free coconut milk
- 1/2 organic stock or broth
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
- In large sauté pan add 3 TBS coconut oil and turn to medium heat.
- Once the oil has melted and it’s hot, add the garlic, ginger and curry powder to the pan and sauté for a minute or two.
- Add the onions followed by the potatoes and stir occasionally for 10 minutes until the potatoes are starting to get browned.
- Add the coconut milk and broth/stock. Cover and turn heat to medium-high and simmer until the potatoes are softened.
- To serve, place on plate as a side dish and top with fresh chopped cilantro. This goes great with any Indian style meat or legume dish.