BBQ Chicken and Yogurt Marinade
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
May 22nd, 2019
BBQ season is certainly here and we’ve got a delicious recipe combining chicken thighs, yogurt, oregano and garlic to make your barbecuing delicious and nutritious.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 15 Mins or Passive Time 2 – 24 hours Cook Time: 10 – 12 Mins Total Time: 2:25 – 24:25 hours
- 8 medium sized boneless chicken thighs
- 1 cup whole grass fed or organic yogurt
- 2 – 4 garlic cloves crushed and minced
- 2 tbs fresh oregano or 2 tsp dried
- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lime for the marinade and more to garnish
- 1 tsp of salt sea salt or more to taste
- Generous amount of cracked Black Pepper
- Combine yogurt, garlic, olive oil, lime, oregano salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Have a taste to make sure it’s got enough salt and garlic. Add more if needed.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and make sure every piece is well coated.
- Store in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight preferably.
- When you’re ready to get cooking heat your grill to 400 Fahrenheit. If you’ve got a gas stove you can also use a
cast iron grid and heat stove to medium-hight heat.
- Place chicken thighs on grill, skin side down first. Grill for 4-5 minutes. Flip the chicken over and grill on the other side for 4-5 minutes.
- Chicken and other poultry should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F (75 degrees C).
- When cooked remove from heat and place on a plate. Squeeze more lime if you like or have it with a delicious side of either a salad and some baked organic quartered potatoes.