Balsamic Arugula Salad
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
June 26th, 2019
Pair the immune-boosting Arugula with a delicious balsamic dressing, and your taste buds will be singing!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Cook Time: 10 Mins Prep Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
- 6 cups baby arugula (any kind)
- 5 figs cut into diced sized shapes about 1/4 of an inch
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
For the dressing
- 2/3 cup Whole fat greek style yogurt grass fed is preferable
- 1/3 cucumber diced
- 1 tbs Chopped mint
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sized sauté pan, spread the hazelnuts out in a single layer. Don’t overcrowd them.
- Heat on medium-high, stirring constantly for 5-10 minutes or until hazelnuts become fragrant and brown. Make sure you don’t burn them. Set aside.
- Remove the stem of the dried figs and cut into 1/4 inch pieces. You should get about 8 pieces from each fig.
- Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and black pepper.
- Place the arugula in a large bowl, add the vinaigrette, and toss well. Distribute the arugula among 4 salad plates, add the crumbled goat cheese, and then place the figs and hazelnuts on top. Serve immediately.