Almond Basil Zucchini Saute
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
June 12th, 2019
This recipe makes the most of an essential summer squash by pairing it with sweet, aromatic basil, and crunchy, protein-rich almonds. This simple sauté is sure to please everyone at your summer cookout.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 30 mins
- 3 large zucchinis halved and cut length wise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig of the green part of the onion or garlic scape chopped finely
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 slivered almonds sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 tablespoon basil leaves or mint leaves, torn into smaller pieces if large
- Heat a sauce pan to medium heat and add a TBS of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Saute/toast the almonds and mustard seeds first for 1 minute than add the green onions/ garlic scape for another minute or so until softened.
- Add zucchini, salt and pepper to taste then increase to medium-high heat and cook for 3-4 minutes. Toss often while cooking.
- Remove from heat add the basil and let sweat for a minute.
- Serve hot as a side dish to your main