Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
May 23rd, 2018
This watermelon salsa recipe is so fun when served from a watermelon bowl at parties! It is delicious with chips or on top of grilled chicken or salmon.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: 3 cups Total Time: 20 Mins
- 1 personal size watermelon 1 cup of diced watermelon and the watermelon bowl
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- 1 cup diced peppers any combination of green, orange, yellow or red peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapenos optional, add only if you want more heat
- Salt and black pepper
- Cut the personal size watermelon in half, cut slices in the watermelon and scoop the slices out. Hollow out the watermelon so that it can be used as a bowl. Dice enough watermelon to measure one cup. Save the remaining watermelon for another use.
- Drain the watermelon juice out of the cup, put the diced watermelon in a bowl and add the onion, cucumbers, peppers, jalapenos (optional), cilantro, lime juice, and black pepper.
- Mix everything together and taste the salsa. Add salt to taste and additional lime juice and black pepper, if needed. Drain any excess liquid from the bowl and then scoop the salsa into the hollowed out watermelon half.
- Serve the watermelon salsa directly from the watermelon bowl.