Tomato and Basil Salad
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
August 7th, 2019
With the simplest list of ingredients, this Tomato and Basil salad is one of the easiest recipes to enjoy.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 5 Mins Total Time: 5 Mins
- 3 medium-sized field tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- Generous drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch sea salt and ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- Slice dark sourdough bread to soak up remaining dressing
- Slice tomatoes into wedges and place in a bowl
- Roughly chop 4-5 leaves of Italian basil and place in the bowl with the tomatoes
- Add balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper and then mix to combine
- When finished your salad, soak up the olive oil and vinegar mixture left in the bowls with a slice of sourdough you won’t be disappointed.