Summer Citrus Salad
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
July 11th, 2018
This summer citrus salad is packed with a refreshing combination of flavours… zingy grapefruit, sweet orange, soft mozzarella and crunchy almonds – all in one bowl!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: 2 Servings Prep Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 10 Mins
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 5 oz. grape tomatoes
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 grapefruit, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 5 oz. mini mozzarella balls
- 2 tablespoons honey
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 lime, thinly sliced (optional, for garnish)
- In a large bowl combine spinach, tomatoes, orange, grapefruit and mini mozzarella balls.
- Add honey and lemon juice and toss to combine.
- Transfer to 2 serving bowls, top with almonds, and serve.
- Decorate with lime slices (optional).