Stuffed Pepper Soup
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
November 7th, 2018
Delicious Stuffed Pepper Soup that’s healthy and packed with amazing flavour! So good you won’t even know you’re eating healthy!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: 10 Servings Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 45 Mins Total Time: 55 Mins
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 bell peppers, I used red, orange and yellow
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 15.4 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 10 oz can diced tomatoes, I used the kind with green chilis
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large pan, brown your turkey on medium heat.
- Add the peppers, onions, and garlic to the turkey and saute for five minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes (with juice), beef, broth, honey, Worcestershire sauce salt, and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked quinoa and Italian seasoning.