Southwest Quinoa Taco Salad
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
June 6th, 2018
This salad is absolutely satisfying, protein rich, incredibly easy to make, filling and the best way to bring along to a potluck together.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: Serving 4 Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 15 Mins
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked (1 cup uncooked)
- 15 oz can black beans
- 1 ¼ cup salsa
- ¾ cup corn
- 1 bug handful tortilla chips
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 heaping tbs taco seasoning
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into cubes
- ¼ cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Combine cooked quinoa, black beans, salsa and corn in a big bowl
- If you plan to add the other optional add ons, like onions, garlic, taco seasoning, and lime juice, add them as well.
- You can add and mix the tortilla chips, or have them plain as a side to the salad.