Smashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
July 4th, 2018
Tangy Smashed Chickpea Salad Sandwich with dill and spicy mustard makes a delicious vegetarian sandwich or salad for a week-day lunch, weekend picnic or potluck!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: Serves 2 Prep Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 10 Mins
- 1 Can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/4 C + 1 Tbs Dill Pickles finely chopped
- 1/4 C Purple Onion finely chopped
- 2 Tbs Just Mayo or Vegenaise
- 2 1/2 tsp Stone Ground Mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp + 1/8 Sea Salt
- 2 tsp Dill Weed fresh-chopped
- 1/8 tsp Turmeric optional for color and health!
- 8-10 grinds of fresh Black Pepper
For the Sandwich
- Multigrain Bread or Optional Gluten Free Bread
- Shredded Carrots
- Using a potato masher, rough-mash the chickpeas until most is smashed but there are still some whole chickpeas left. Add the pickles, onion, mayo, mustard, vinegar, salt, dill, optional turmeric and black pepper. Mix well. Taste for seasoning adjustment.
- Store in a covered container for up to two days. Delicious alone or piled high on multigrain with accompanying veggies.