Salmon and Summer Veggies in foil
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
June 13th, 2018
This is like an Italian spin on salmon in foil and you are totally going to love it!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: Serves 4 Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 45 Mins
- 4 (5 – 6 oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 2 small zucchini (13 oz) sliced into half moons
- 2 small yellow squash (13 oz) sliced into half moons
- 2 shallots, 1 thinly sliced and 1 chopped (there are usually two in a whole shallot)
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 2 ½ Tbsp olive oil , divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ½ Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 large Roma tomatoes , diced
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- ¾ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried marjoram
- Preheat oven to 400° degrees. Cut 4 sheets of aluminum foil into 17-inch lengths.
- Toss zucchini, squash, sliced shallot and garlic together with 1 Tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and divide among 4 sheets of foil, placing veggies in center of foil. Brush salmon fillets with 1 Tbsp of the olive oil, season bottom side with salt and pepper then place one fillet over each layer of veggies on foil. Drizzle lemon juice over salmon and season top with salt and pepper.
- Toss together tomatoes, remaining diced shallot, thyme, oregano and marjoram with remaining 1 1/2 tsp olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Divide tomato mixture over salmon fillets.
- Wrap sides of foil inward then fold up ends to seal. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in preheated oven until salmon has cooked through, about 25-30 minutes (cook time may vary based on thickness of salmon fillets). Carefully open foil packets and serve warm.