Roasted Asparagus Salad
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
June 5th, 2019
A delicious and filling salad packed with nutritious nuts and vegetables, and topped with soft goat cheese and a delicious lemon garlic dressing to power you through your day!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: 4 Servings Prep Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 20 mins
- 1 lb Asparagus
- Extra Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 2-3 cups Spinach
- 2 oz Goat Cheese
- 2 Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- Handful Pine Nuts
- 2 Scallions
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Garlic Clove (grated, pressed or diced)
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard (the real stuff)
- 4 Table Spoons Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400. Clean and trim the asparagus. Place in an oven-proof dish and toss with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast asparagus for 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Remove asparagus from the oven and let cool on plate.
- While the asparagus is cooling, cut your roasted red peppers into thin slices and chop your scallions.
- Then make the dressing by whisking lemon juice, dijon mustard and garlic in a small bowl. Slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream while whisking (this will allow the dressing to emulsify). Season with salt and pepper.
- Once asparagus has cooled, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place the spinach in a serving bowl and add cut asparagus, roasted peppers, scallions, goat cheese and top with pine nuts.
- Toss with salad dressing before serving or drizzle dressing on top.