Oven-Roasted Ginger Parsnips
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
December 26th, 2018
This flavourful recipe features the wonderful parsnip! This resistant starch is makes you feel full, while also regulating your hormones, blood sugar and cravings as well as enhances muscle recovery!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 40 Mins
- 4 medium sized parsnips julienne or cut into wedges or large fries
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, pasture raised butter
- 1 inch piece of ginger minced
- 1 1/2 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Melt cooking fat and then add the ginger, cardamom and paprika.
- Toss in the parsnips and sauté for a minute or so. Don’t burn the ginger!
- Layer the parsnips evenly on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown.