2018 Tennis Camps run for 10 weeks (Week of June 25 – Week of August 27)
Tennis Camps (Ages 6+)
Ready-Set-Stroke! The Ottawa Athletic Club premium Tennis Camps in partnership with Noble Tennis School Methodology is uniquely effective and expertly delivered by our full-time teaching staff, combined with our Pathway of Progress for differing playing levels and training intensities. Plus our limited weekly enrollments along with providing maximum court space and access to coaching, set our tennis camps apart from all others in the Ottawa-Gatineau region.
Futures Tennis (Ages 6-15 yrs):
A Fun and Effective introduction to the game for beginner through low-intermediate levels. A minimum 2.5 hours per day on-court includes fundamental skills, game situations and open play, while learning the rules and etiquette of the game. Kids are divided according to age groups and abilities. Our 2018 Futures Camp Director is full-time Teaching Professional and Master-Class Apprentice Coach Tait Becke.
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Complimentary supervision from 8:30 am – 9:00 am and 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm)
- Before Care (7:30 am – 8:30 am) and After Care (5:00 pm – 6:00 pm) are available for an additional fee. Please see registration page for all pricing.
- All OAC Camps are nut free (please do not send nut products with your child).
- Campers may sign up for our lunch program for an additional fee.
- Monday – Thursday (Fridays are Pizza Days, included in registration)
Intensive Tennis (Ages 9–15 yrs):
Dramatically accelerated improvement for players of an Intermediate level or above. Students enjoy 4 hours per day on court, led by our full-time Teaching Professionals, building essential skills and employing them in fun mini-tournaments, team events and matchplay challenges, featuring both singles and doubles play. This camp permits a maximum 12 students per week, and never more than 4 players per court. Also includes daily segments devoted to the development of physical and athletic skills, and a refreshing swim.
Students registering for the Intensive Tennis Camp are required to meet a minimum Intermediate level of play to participate in the camp. If registering without an assessment, please be aware that coaches reserve the right to transfer the student to the Futures Tennis Camp if this standard is not met. The Noble Tennis School provides free assessments every Sunday at 4:30 pm until June 17 to confirm eligibility. Contact Carlo at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require further information.
U14, U18 Summer Master-Class (By Application)
Weekly June 25 – August 31
The Master-Class Program is for players expressing an exceptional degree of enthusiasm, commitment and effort in pursuing the mastery of the game. Participants must be involved in year-round tournament play, and seeking comprehensive assistance in the development of skills, including physical and mental preparation.
Admission is through application and interview with program Leader Tony Roth. The details of participation – number of weeks, tournament schedule, specific training priorities – will be established on an individual basis.
PROGRAM STRUCTURE & CONTENT
The 2018 Program will focus on preparation for competitive events, usually occurring on weekends, at which the coaches will be present. The Professional staff, led by Tony Roth, will include our full-time NTS pros, hitting partners, and OAC personal trainers. We also have access to highly qualified professionals offering physiotherapy, massage therapy, nutrition counselling and other services, as needed.
- Training takes place Monday-Friday, 10 am – 5 pm daily.
- Individual priorities and specifics of training are based on expert analysis of competitive performance, combined with long-term development requirements.
- Players will be grouped into pods based on competition level and schedule, as well as skill levels and player development needs.
- Within the pods, each player will receive personal priorities and individualized assistance.
Contact: Tony Roth, email@example.com
NTS U9/U10 All Stars Summer Tennis
Playing Assessment or Coach Recommendation required for eligibility.
- June 25-29 (Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri) 5:30 – 7:00 pm
- July 3-6 (Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri) 5:30 – 7:00 pm
Students must register for a minimum of 4 of the available 9 classes. We require at least 4 suitable kids per class to run the lesson as is (accommodations to the type of lesson may be made in the case of lower registration).
Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm
- July 9-13
- July 16-20
- July 23-27
- July 30-August 3
- August 13-17
Registration is completed by contacting Lynn McBrearty, firstname.lastname@example.org , 613-523-4024 ext 249