2018 Sports Camps run for 10 weeks (Week of June 25 – Week of August 27)
Sports Camp (Ages 4-7)
The Ottaw Athletic Club sports camp program is designed for our youngest campers who are excited about acquiring new skills in a variety of sports and recreational activities. With an exceptional 5:1 camper to counsellor ratio, our experienced counsellors will help develop your child’s athletic skills as well as to help guide them into a well-rounded person as they learn about sportsmanship.
Activities will include instructional segments including golf and squash, while our Camp Zone provides a great venue for outdoor play to include segments of basketball, soccer, and various games to develop movement and coordination. In addition, all Sports Campers receive a daily Red Cross swim lesson from qualified swim instructors in our outdoor salt-water pool.
Sports Camp (Ages 8-14) with Fitquest Sport Fundamentals
A more structured, instruction based multi-sport camp for the young athlete. Activities will include instructional drills and skills in tennis, golf, squash, basketball and soccer with a daily component of the Fitquest Sport Fundamentals program.
As an organization that trains the “elite” of the elite athletes, Fitquest lives by the philosophy that every athlete must first have the ability to play all sports. Under the directorship of Chris Schwarz (Head Strength & Conditioning Coach, Ottawa Senators) and Fitquest coaches, this daily segment will safely develop and challenge a young athlete’s fundamental and functional movement skills through athletic based skills such as jumping, sprinting, throwing, catching, gymnastics, and multi-planar movement. A supervised swim rounds out an active camp day!
- 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Complimentary supervision from 8:30 am – 9:00 am and 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm)
- Before Care (7:30 am – 8:30 am) and After Care (5:00 pm – 6:00 pm) are available for an additional fee. Please see registration page for all pricing.
- All OAC Camps are nut free (please do not send nut products with your child).
- Campers may sign up for our lunch program for an additional fee.
- Monday – Thursday (Fridays are Pizza Days, included in registration)