Elite Bantam Hockey Development Camp
This Elite Bantam Hockey Development Camp is for the focused and committed hockey player looking to develop and be ready for tryouts as well as a full successful season. With a maximum capacity of 16 players (4:1 player to coach ratio) and an application process in which players have to demonstrate their skill level to be eligible for the camp, this camp is truly an elite all-round hockey development camp.
AAA/AA Proven Skill Eligibility Requirements
For athletes born from 2004-2005 (with some select 2006)
July 30 – August 3 | Monday – Friday 8:30AM – 4:30PM
Led by The Hockey Department’s Mike Knight at Minto Skating Centre (2571 Lancaster Road):
- 2.0 hrs On-ice Skills Development including Game Situation and Hockey IQ
Under the Direction of Fitquest’s Chris Schwarz at Ottawa Athletic Club (2525 Lancaster Road):
- 1.5 hrs Specific Off-ice Training & Education
- 1-2 hrs of Multi-Sport Activity and Instruction (squash/ tennis/golf, etc.)
- Daily swim
- Maximum 16 players, 4:1 Player to Coach ratio
- Athlete workload monitored throughout camp week
- Growth Mindset and Nutrition development with Chris Schwarz
- NHL Guest Speaker
- On & Off-ice written analysis
- Players receive a Hockey Dept. jersey, Fitquest t-shirt, and OAC Gym bag
- Complimentary supervision for drop-off & pick-up from 8am-5pm
$649 + HST
About The Hockey Department:
Guided by Mike Knight, 5 years of professional hockey playing experience (AHL, ECHL, Europe), 4 years in the OHL, over 13 years of teaching hockey professionally, working with athletes from amateur to professional levels. The Hockey Dept.’s teaching philosophy is “make it hard until it’s easy”. Players are continuously challenged to get out of their comfort zone while still learning at their own gradual pace for optimal results. Our goal is to have every player improve individually, establish self correction habits and educate the players on how to transfer these skills directly into games.
Mike Knight will be present at every on-ice session and leads or oversees all instruction / feedback that is provided. Areas of focus in camp will be on:
- Skating and dynamic edge control, stride development
- Puck handling skills, shooting techniques, puck protection skills/techniques
- High patterned game situation development, position specific development and hockey IQ.
Directed by Chris Schwarz, a current NHL head strength & conditioning coach, with over 25 years of experience training and developing athletes from amateur levels to the highest professional levels. Fitquest concentrates on development of a player’s physical attributes, strong mental processes and fundamental nutritional / health habits. Through an individual and educative based process, they have had great successes transitioning players from minor hockey to major junior, NCAA, as well as elite professional leagues in North America and Europe.
Areas of focus in camp will be training and educating athletes on:
- Pre-practice and pre-game warm ups & individual readiness to perform
- Specific power, strength, stability, and conditioning
- Maximizing and challenging their athleticism
- Importance of nutrition, sleep and recovery