Orange Julius Slushies
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
August 8th, 2018
These easy drinks are refined sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and only call for a few basic ingredients. — A perfectly cold and citrus-y summer drink!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Serves: 5-6 drinks Prep Time: 2 hrs 10 mins Freeze Time: 2-3hours Total Time: 4-5 hrs 10 mins
- 1 12 oz can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk divided
- 1/2 cup xylitol
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place frozen orange juice, water, 1 cup milk, xylitol, ice cubes, and vanilla in a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth and ice chunks have disappeared. Pour into a 4 qt container and freeze until solid, about 2-3 hours.
- Break frozen orange julius into chunks and place in a food processor or blender. Pour remaining 1 cup milk over top and blend or pulse on high speed until thick and smooth. (the texture should resemble soft-serve ice cream) Serve immediately, while still partially frozen.