Open-faced Vegan Chickpea Salad Sandwiches
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
October 3rd, 2018
These healthy, vegan chickpea salad sandwiches take less than 20 minutes and have a creamy, crunchy and flavourful filling that will leave you satisfied for hours.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: 5 Servings Prep Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 20 Mins
Vegan Chickpea Salad
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tbsp green pepper, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 pimento, chopped
- 6 seedless purple grapes, halved
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup diced apple
- 2 tbsp corn kernels
- 3 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp sweet relish
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tsp dried dill (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- bread, lettuce, tomato slices, carrots, avocado, sriracha and other things for topping
- Add chickpeas to a bowl and mash slightly with a potato masher or fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients for the chickpea salad, except the grapes and tomatoes, to the bowl
and mix until well incorporated. Taste and adjust seasoning to suit.
- Gently fold in the grapes and tomatoes, being careful to not release their juices.
- Serve immediately with bread and desired toppings or refrigerate for up to 3 days.