Oats and Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
April 24th, 2019
Chia seeds are a truly complete superfood of the ancient Aztecs. They are a rich source of fiber, iron, antioxidants and brain-fueling and metabolism-boosting omega 3’s. Mix it into a delicious breakfast pudding, and you’ll have energy for hours.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: 2 Servings Prep Time: 8 Mins
- 1 Cups Cooked whole oats or steel cut oats (Soak quick oats overnight if lacking time to cook)
- 1 Cup Whole Coconut milk or Whole Organic Milk
- 1/2 Cups Chia seed
- 2 handful In season organic berries of choice (Frozen and organic if not in season)
- 2 1 cup sized mason jars
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pure Maple Syrup or local honey (optional)
- In each individual mason jar begin by combining with 1/4 cup chia seeds 1/2 cup milk. Wait 5 minute so that the chia can form into a pudding like consistency
- Add 1/2 cup cooked oats or overnight soaked quick oats
- Sprinkle half tsp of cinnamon
- Drizzle one tsp maple syrup or honey
- Top with 1 handful blueberries