No Bake Strawberry Almond Energy Balls
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
May 30th, 2018
These little bites of deliciousness contain strawberries, dates, almonds, dry oatmeal, and shredded coconut flakes AKA pure bliss.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: 13 Energy Balls Prep Time: 5 Mins
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 4 medium strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, dry
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut flakes
- Combine all ingredients, except the coconut flakes, in a food processor. Process until almonds are broken up into tiny pieces (not fully ground) and the ingredients form a paste-like consistency.
- You should be able to form the dough into a ball without too much sticking to your hands. Form into 13-14 ping-pong sized balls and let rest in the fridge for about an hour (not necessary, but allows coconut flakes to stick more easily)
- Pulse the coconut flakes in the food processor, or chop up finely by hand until they are broken down into small pieces. Roll the chilled balls in the coconut flakes. Store in fridge for up to a week. Enjoy!