Veronique’s Top 3
Are you warmed up enough before your workout? More importantly, are you getting a good stretch in afterward? Check out Personal Trainer and Exercise Physiologist Veronique’s #top3 favorite warm-up and recovery stretches for the month of March!
The Low Lunge
In a half kneeling position. Give yourself enough space to thrust your hips forward without having your knee pass your toes
- Have your hands flat on the ground on the inside of your foot and keep your back straight
- Keep the heel of the front foot on the ground
- Bonus: You can push your laces into the ground to get a deeper stretch
This will stretch the posterior chain including the hamstrings and the calves.
- Keep a slight bend in the front knee
- Dig your heel into the ground
T-Spine Rotation with Reach
This will stretch the back and the chest. Lay on your side with bent knees and hold them with bottom arm.
- Hug your ribs with your top arm
- Bring your top shoulder blade towards the ground
- Lengthen your arm at an angle to stretch your chest
Tune in next month to see which trainer will be sharing their #top3 favourite footwork exercises!