Mediterranean Style Eggplant with Herbed Yogurt
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
August 21st, 2019
This eggplant recipe is a great summer side dish to some marinated bbq’d meat or mushroom skewers.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 6 Mins Total Time: 16 Mins
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 local large round eggplants, partially peeled in a zebra stripe pattern and then sliced into thin pucks about 1/4 inch
For the Yogurt Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Whole Organic Greek Yogurt
- Juice of a whole 1 lemon plus a couple of scrapes of the zest
- 1 tsp dried oregano or 1 tsp fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste1 tsp coarse sea salt
- a few turns of black pepper
- Fire up your grill and get it up to at least 375 Fahrenheit
- Combine olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper and then brush the eggplants with a generous amount of the olive oil, salt and pepper mixture.
- Place then on them on the grill and cook each side for 3 minutes
- While your eggplants are being grilled, prepare the yogurt topping by combining the yogurt, minced garlic, lemon juice and zest, oregano, sea salt, and black pepper. Taste it and then add more of whatever you think it needs! Usually more lemon and maybe a little sea salt.
- Remove eggplants from heat and then top them with the yogurt. Enjoy!