Late Summer Succotash
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
September 5th, 2018
What better way to make the most of end-of-summer produce than with a sunny succotash that can also be served cold as a salad?
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 cups shelled lima beans or 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1 tbs. butter
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced (1cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbs. chopped fresh basil
- 1 t bs. white balsamic vinega
- If using fresh lima beans, bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add beans, and blanch 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender but not soft.
- Heat butter and oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until it begins to brown. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in lima beans, and sauté 5 minutes. Add corn and tomatoes, and sauté 1 minute more, or until
heated through, but tomatoes have not released their juices. Remove from heat, and stir in parsley, basil, and vinegar. Serve warm or chilled.