COMPETITIVE DEVELOPMENT PATHWAY: U12 & U14 MASTER CLASS
TRY-OUT: Thursday, August 29 at 4:00pm
Program Leaders: Tony Roth, Ben Etheve-Meek, Carlo Zambri
Entry Level: Competing at OTA 3-Star events, graduates from NTS U10 All-Stars, progressing from NTS U14 Intermediate, UTR 5.0+
Program Season: September 16, 2019 – June 18 (10 months)
Maximum Students: 9 (1:3 Coach-Student)
- Group together a small number of players and families with suitable and similar levels of commitment, mentality and skills to ensure unity of effort, progress and results.
- Comprehensive Training for successful competitive results at the Provincial to National Levels. Players graduating from this Program will become candidates for the ITF Pathway Program and/or the NTS Sport Study Program.
- Implementation of Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) “Developing” Stage: “Becoming a well-rounded athlete and building the full-court tennis skills required to be a player.”
- Incorporate sufficient quantity and maximal quality in all elements of Player Perfectment, including formal competition, open play, private and group instruction, physical and mental preparation.
- Individualized Annual Planning & Training within a small group setting.
Required Activities & Schedule
Minimum 90% attendance in all activities combined (measured after each seasonal term). Consistency of effort and focus, measurable improvement (Skills, UTR Rating, Ranking) as per agreed objectives, player and parent adherence to NTS Code of Conduct and NTS “Role of the Parent” Provisions.
- Group Training & Physical Training: Tuesdays & Thursdays 5:00-7:00pm
- Duo Lessons & Physical Training: Wednesdays 4:30-6:30pm
- Physical Training & Matchplay: Sundays 3:30-6:30pm
- Tournaments: Minimum 10 (UTR or OTA) during program year
- Full-Time NTS Program Leader
- Maximum 8 Players
- Duo Lessons
- Weekly Competitive Matchplay Program, with Coaching
- Physical Training Program
- Program Leader at Local/Regional Tournaments
- Team Tournament Travel
- Seasonal Assessments
- Seasonal Player-Parent Consultation/Priorities/Planning
- Curriculum Cultivates the Psychological, Physical, Tactical and Technical Skills required for Successful Play.
- Technological Support – Playmate Ball Machine, GoPro video, Hudl Technique & Dartfish analysis, Tennis locker app
- Student walk-on privileges
- Annual OAC Membership
- Member rate for Individual lessons & summer programs
- Program clothing, accessories
- Annual OAC Membership for 1 Parent/Guardian (while student actively enrolled)
- Correct Age Group
- Ability to Function within a Group Setting
- Minimum 90% Attendance in all activities combined (measured after Fall, Winter & Spring sessions)
- Consistency of Effort and Focus (Formal assessments after Fall/Winter sessions)
- Measurable Improvement (Skills, Results, UTR Rating, Ranking), as per Agreed Objectives
- Player Adherence to NTS Code of Conduct
- Parental Adherence to NTS “Role of the Parent” Provisions
Program Fee: $675 per month (10 month agreement)