Healthy Rasberry Almond Scones
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
May 9th, 2018
An easy, one-bowl recipe for soft scones full of fresh raspberries. Ready in 1 hour & made with no refined flour or sugar! Only 133 calories!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: 8 scones Prep Time: 30 mins Cook time: 25-30 mins Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour or gluten-free* flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp + 2 tsp nonfat milk, divided
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ cup fresh raspberries, diced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F, and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in the butter with a pastry cutter or the back of a fork until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in the Greek yogurt, maple syrup, 3 tablespoons of milk, and almond extract. Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Using a spatula, shape the dough into a ¾” tall circle on the prepared baking sheet, and brush with the remaining milk.
- Slice the circle into 8 triangular segments with a sharp knife.
- Bake at 425°F for 17-20 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.