Healthy Egg Muffin Cups
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
March 13th, 2019
These healthy and delicious egg muffin cups are not only easy to make, but perfect for storing so you don’t have to worry about missing anymore breakfasts.
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yields: 6 Servings Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 20 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
- 1/2 dozen eggs
Choose from any one of the following ingredients to change it up:
- Baby spinach and tomatoes finely chopped
- Basil, goat cheese crumbled, salt and little black pepper
- Dried herbs of choice like rosemary, thyme and oregano
- Half a Pepper and 1/2 an onion finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Spray nonstick muffin tin with nonstick coconut oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Place ingredients of choice listed above into each tin. Pour the egg mixture on top, leaving 1/4” from the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean for each frittata. Remove from oven. Use a knife to go around the edges and pop out the egg cups.
Keep them in an airtight container or place each individual egg muffin cup in a resealable bag for an easy grab-and-go breakfast each morning. Dispose after 6 days. They can also be frozen.