Fitness Programs & Workshops
We work with every department within our facility to bring exciting new fitness programs to help you live your best life. Our goal is to promote healthy living, strength, speed, agility, and much more by offering information on the latest techniques.
Co-Ed Self Defense / Kickboxing Class
Did you know:
- There are over 750,000 people assaulted each year, including men;
- Self Defense empowers you and gives you the confidence to make the right decision in times of crisis;
- Self Defense takes practice!
James will teach you how to first try to de-escalate the situation, then if all else fails how to defend yourself through various hand-to-hand and/or use of common devices you may have. (Keys, Cell phone, purses, etc.)
Available for purchase as a single drop-in sessions or packages of 10, 20, or 30 classes!
Tuesdays 5:00 – 6:00 pm / Saturdays 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
First Aid and CPR Training
Standard First Aid & CPR-C with AED Skills and Recert – Standard First Aid with CPR-C and AED Skills
Standard First Aid & CPR-C with AED Skills candidates will learn comprehensive training covering all aspects of First Aid and CPR.
- All Emergency First Aid Items
- Spinal Injuries
- Legal Implications
- Heat or cold emergencies
- Bone or joint injuries
- Circulatory emergencies (heart attack, stroke, etc.)
- July 13-14, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm / Mandatory 2 days
- No prerequisite needed, and course includes Lifesaving Society – Canadian First Aid Manual and Elemental First Aid Pocket Mask
- July 14, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
This course is recognized by Ontario’s Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB)
CPR-C candidates will learn:
- All aspects of CPR Skills and Theory
- Two-Rescuer CPR
- AED Use
- July 14, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm / 1 day only
- No prerequisite needed