Fitness Programs & Workshops
We work with every department within our facility to bring exciting new fitness programs to help you live your best life. Our goal is to promote healthy living, strength, speed, agility, and much more by offering information on the latest techniques.
Co-Ed Self Defense / Kickboxing Class
Did you know:
- There are over 750,000 people assaulted each year, including men;
- Self Defense empowers you and gives you the confidence to make the right decision in times of crisis;
- Self Defense takes practice!
James will teach you how to first try to de-escalate the situation, then if all else fails how to defend yourself through various hand-to-hand and/or use of common devices you may have. (Keys, Cell phone, purses, etc.)
Available for purchase as a single drop-in sessions or packages of 10, 20, or 30 classes!
Tuesdays 5:00 – 6:00 pm / Saturdays 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
ELDOA Back Pain Workshop
This unique workshop hosted by Ben Ribkoff (Strength & Conditioning coach, ELDOA Therapist, Holistic Nutritionist) will help deepen your understanding of the relationship between health, performance, posture, nutrition and lifestyle factors and how to apply the right tools for yourself or your clients.
Saturday February 23 | 1:00 – 4:00 pm
$100 OAC Members | $125 Non-Members
Nutrition Seminar – Good Foods, Bad Fats
The era of ‘low-fat’ and ‘fat-free’ is now over. Today we know that there are essential good fats that our body needs to maintain a healthy weight, regulate hormones and absorb vitamins. Learning to differentiate the good from the bad will allow you to take control of your health and eat the good ‘fatty’ foods guilt free.
Thursday February 28 | 6:00 – 7:00 pm (Barre Studio)
Standard First Aid & CPR-C with AED Skills and Recert – Standard First Aid with CPR-C and AED Skills
Standard First Aid & CPR-C with AED Skills candidates will learn comprehensive training covering all aspects of First Aid and CPR.
- All Emergency First Aid Items
- Spinal Injuries
- Legal Implications
- Heat or cold emergencies
- Bone or joint injuries
- Circulatory emergencies (heart attack, stroke, etc.)
- March 23-24, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm / Mandatory 2 days
- No prerequisite needed, and course includes Lifesaving Society – Canadian First Aid Manual and Elemental First Aid Pocket Mask.
This course is recognized by Ontario’s Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB)
CPR-C candidates will learn:
- All aspects of CPR Skills and Theory
- Two-Rescuer CPR
- AED Use
- March 24, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm / 1 day only
- No prerequisite needed