Grilled Basil Garlic Chicken Breasts
Ottawa Athletic Club Recipe of the Week
August 29th, 2018
These grilled basil garlic chicken breasts are a simple recipe great for a weeknight BBQ dinner, but it’s also delicious and impressive enough to serve for a weekend summer dinner party!
See below for the full recipe.
You can also pick up a hard copy from our Welcome Desk.
Yield: 4 Servings Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 45 Mins
- 4 large boneless skin-on chicken breast halves (10-12 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons finely minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix garlic, basil, and oil. Add additional oil if necessary.
- Smear the mixture on both sides of the chicken breasts being careful to leave the skins intact. Sprinkle both sides with a small amount of salt and pepper. (The chicken may be allowed to marinate for up to 6 hours if desired.)
- Over a medium fire, place chicken skin side down to crisp skin, about 8-10 minutes. Watch the temperature to make sure they do not burn. We leave the tenderloin on our chicken breasts so they are fairly thick – if you are doing the same, close the cover for a few minutes to raise the heat. Flip the breasts over and cook for another 6-8 minutes, again with the cover closed part of the time to have the grill function as an oven. (If your chicken breasts are not thick, the cover should be left open)
- Note: If you are not comfortable telling when the meat is done, pull one off and slice into a thick part to make sure there is no pink. They will sit after they come off the grill and will cook a bit on your platter so do not leave on too long.
- Remove the chicken from the heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving. Serve either whole or sliced for your family or guests with our Grilled Balsamic Peaches.